Архив форума Ace Stream       Wiki        Info

перейти на новый форум
Расширенный поиск  

Автор Тема: Reocording limit?  (Прочитано 3401 раз)

nmchris

• Оффлайн Оффлайн
Reocording limit?
« : 22 Января 2019, 09:30:05 »

Hello to all :)

I have a question regarding recording function. Yesterday I have opened ace stream id and then started recording it. I hit record button ~ at midnight, and left the player running until 7 am today. Laptop was running normally, with just display turned off.I set to save recording on Desktop. When I woke up and checked program, I have found out that only ~2h 41min was recorded, which it's ~ 1,91GB. I was hoping to record tennis game that was supposed to start ~ 3 am so program never reached it anyway. I only remember that stream was still going on, on the timeline there was a yellow/orange bar that filled ~ 1/4 from the end <- don't know what that was. To finish recording I have clicked Recording button and then stopped the stream by clicking on a square 'stop' button.
My question: is there a default time limit for recording or for file size? Should I change something in settings to prevent that in the future?

My hard drive has ~80GB left space,
I have intel i7 with Geforce 970M and fast Samsung M.2 SSD system drive.

I would appreciate any help. Thanks.
« Последнее редактирование: 22 Января 2019, 09:40:52 от nmchris »

Benny

• Administrator
  • Оффлайн Оффлайн
Re: Reocording limit?
« Ответ #1 : 22 Января 2019, 13:51:10 »

I have found out that only ~2h 41min was recorded, which it's ~ 1,91GB.
this can be caused by some interruption in the stream translation.
Not sure that we checked this behavior at all - initially "record" function was implemented for 'VOD', to decode and store media from encrypted disk cache. With 'LIVE' broadcasts there can be some "caveats and pitfalls" =)

is there a default time limit for recording or for file size?
almost all Ace Player settings or features are identical to their originals in the VLC player (same version, of course). So if there any 'time limit' exist - then it set by VLC team, and you should ask for details on their site/forums - https://www.videolan.org/support
We recommend to try RECORD function with latest VLC player first - may be this issue (if this is really a 'issue') already fixed in the recent version.

nmchris

• Оффлайн Оффлайн
Re: Reocording limit?
« Ответ #2 : 22 Января 2019, 14:26:42 »

Thanks for the reply Benny. I will ttry with VLC's record function and i'll try to ask them as well.